- Writing and producing commercial television and medical and health videos in Los Angeles,
- Medical editing as a freelancing young mom,
- Directing PR and national social-marketing campaigns for the federal government and nonprofits in Washington, DC through consulting companies, and then
- Managing long-term communications projects involving website development and other media.
Every few years I’d find my way back down those ever-circuitous paths to the narrow place where my career started—the art of writing.
Over the years I’ve hooked a couple of agents, pitched a book idea and optioned a TV movie, helped some wonderful content experts publish books by serving as their author’s editor, and managed to publish poetry and a short story of my own. (I also have a finished-novel-in-a-drawer.)
Now, no more meandering—I’m taking the writing path.
My personal writing will allow me to share life experiences and my creative vision.
Copywriting for your business allows me to see the joy of recognition on your face, when you realize that your brand has been portrayed just right!
Previous PR and Marcomm Clients
|AARP||U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services|
|American Occupational Therapy Assn.||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|American Red Cross||Center for Substance Abuse Prevention|
|Astra Merck||Center for Substance Abuse Treatment|
|Children’s Defense Fund||Federal Drug Administration|
|Merck Pharmaceuticals||National Institute on Drug Abuse|
|Ortho Pharmaceuticals||Office on Women’s Health|
|University of California||U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)|
|U.S. Dept. of Education||USO World Headquarters|
|VRE (Virginia Railway Express)|
- Public Relations Society of America Silver Anvil Award nomination (government communications) 2012
- International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences Webby finalist 2008
- Virginia Governor’s Transportation Safety Award (awareness campaign) 2005
- Associations Advance America Honorable Mention 2002
- Society of Government Communicators Blue Pencil Awards (two), writing and editing 1997